Paralegal Certificate Program
Paralegals are often well versed in their knowledge of law procedures, terminology, ethics, research and writing abilities. The online Paralegal Certificate Program at Embry-Riddle Worldwide provides courses on these topics as well as complementary electives spanning a range of specialized topics.
The program is designed for working paralegals (legal assistants) who are seeking career advancement, as well as anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about legal principles and procedures to start a career as a paralegal.
Each online course can be completed at your own pace, anytime, anywhere with a high-speed Internet connection and personal computer. The certificate program may be completed within 3-6 months, and results in 27 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Best of all, you can start right away—no application required.
The program consists of the following:
- Five required courses:
- Introduction to the Legal System, ALF-3023
- Paralegal Fundamentals, ALF-3024 (Required Text)
Paralegals Handbook (ISBN: 160714130)
- Legal Writing, ALF-3025
- Legal Research, ALF-3026 (Required Text)
Legal Research: How to Find and Understand the Law (ISBN: 1413310524)
- Ethics for Paralegals, ALF-3027
- Four out of nineteen electives:
- Legal Issues in Operations, ALF-3004
- Legal Aspects of Contracts, ALF-3008
- Tax Issues, ALF-3009
- Business Plan Development, ALF-3010 (Required Text)
Anatomy of a Business Plan (ISBN: 0944205550)
- Persuasive Communication, ALF-3012
- Principles of Buying and Selling, ALF-3016
- Negotiating Strategies, ALF-3018 (Required Text)
Bargaining for Advantage (ISBN: 0143036971)
- Introduction to Business Law, ALF-3028 (Required Text)
The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Business Law (ISBN: 538466464)
- Corporate Document Drafting, ALF-3029
- Business Entity Formation, ALF-3030
- Bankruptcy Law, ALF-3031 (Required Text)
Examples & Explanation: Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor (ISBN:0735588511)
- Intellectual Property Law, ALF-3032
- Private Business Mergers and Acqu, ALF-3033
- Real Estate Law, ALF-3034
- Probate and Estate Planning, ALF-3035
- Civil Litigation, ALF-3036 (Required Text)
Fundamentals of Litigation for Paralegals (ISBN: 0735568073)
- Transactional Drafting, ALF-3037
- Trial Preparation, ALF-3038
- Interviewing Skills for Paralegal, ALF-3039
Each course is $240 (USD) and is 30 contact hours with 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) awarded. The cost for the entire certificate program is $2160. *Note: If you are electing to complete the entire certificate program all required courses must be completed prior to taking your selected electives.
Review courses and register now for the Paralegal Certificate Program.