Lean Six Sigma
A two-day workshop designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to better implement a Lean Six Sigma effort within your organization. Learn about the execution of Lean Six Sigma projects within both an aerospace service and an industrial environment.
Learn from case study examples on how to use new product DFSS and existing product DMAIC methodologies. Learn how to employ a Lean Six Sigma 10 step process to improve the supply chain and operational environments within your organization. Learn and practice how to use process control Value Steaming Mapping (VSM) to build strong Kaizen team focus and top down organizational commitment to LSS projects within your organization.
About the Course
- Who Should Attend
The course is designed for professionals in the manufacturing, maintenance and/or servicing of complex aeronautical systems.
- Course Content
- Lean six sigma origin within the aviation environment
- Leadership for process improvement
- Creating customer focus
- Process improvement teams
- Process performance measures
- Problem solving using Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DAMIC)
- Value added process mapping
- Just-in-time and Kanban
- Variable control charting
- System optimization using Design for Experiments and Design for Six Sigma
- Instructional Methods
- Analyze recently executed Lean Six Sigma efforts within the aviation maintenance and services environment
- Gain hands on experience on how to effectively use Value Stream Process Mapping, DAMIC and DFSS processes
- Walk through and score your organization’s readiness to implement a LSS initiative by working through a LSS readiness evaluation assessment process
- Listen to executives from the aviation industry on their experiences with Lean Six Sigma implementation projects
Where: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida